The most modern diagnostics against civilization diseases
Early detection of lesions
Due to the changes in civilization that occur in the modern world, the number of people diagnosed with neoplasms, neurological and many other serious diseases is growing rapidly. The use a modern mMR scanner in diagnostic purpose is:
- Early detection of possible disease, and increasing chances of effective treatment,
- Reduction in radiation dose compared to PET/CT examinations,
- A small number of contraindications to perform the test.
Accurate determination of the location and severity of neoplastic, neurological and inflammatory diseases throughout the body
People who have been diagnosed with cancer, neurological disease or suffer from unidentified inflammation very often need a very quick and accurate diagnosis. Using our equipment for PET testing, our patients receive:
- Full-body examination and exact differentiation of changes, which allows to determine the degree of local advancement and distant changes,
- Two tests in one – the patient simultaneously receives a magnetic resonance imaging, which means that there is no need for additional tests, and the treatment process itself may start faster,
- Examination and description of the test carried out by two medical doctors specialists. Very short waiting time for the test (up to 14 days) and description of the test (up to 7 days).
Evaluation of the effectiveness of neoplasm treatment and early detection of possible remission of the disease
Our highly specialized PET tests are extremely helpful for people who have had cancer. Due to the accuracy of the examination, which detects the smallest changes even by the size of only 2 mm and the fact that the scan is performed with a whole body scan, we can:
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the response to surgical and / or oncological treatment,
- Detect recurrences and possible metastases at a very early stage,
- Reduce the radiation dose compared to PET/CT.
The cost of performing the PET MR examination
PET/MR studies, due to their innovative nature, are still not refunded by the National Health Fund. Therefore, the examination is available in Poland exclusively on commercial terms, only in two centers in the country. The cost of the test depends on used radiopharmaceutical. The most commonly used tracer is fluorodeoxyglucose (18F-FDG) for which the cost of the test is PLN 6,500. Due to the research performed by Medical University of Bialystok, we can offer fluorocholine tracer (18F-Choline). The use of other radiotracers requires a determination of individual price of the examination.